spoon

Recent Recipes

My Favorite Curry Recipe

0

Category : , , ,



This is another recipe from the back of a Penzeys label. My favorite curry powder is Penzeys Rogan Josh. I like it because it has just the right amount of heat, and tons of flavor.

According to the label, Rogan Josh style curry is made with beef or lamb cubes. I adapted the recipe to a single chicken breast, because that's how I roll.

(Sorry for the weird photo quality on this one. I promise it looks more appetizing in real life)

1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 boneless, skinless chicken bread, cut into small chunks
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. Rogan Josh seasoning
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. plain yogurt

Heat up the oil in the skillet and brown the chicken, then set the chicken aside. Brown up the onion. Add the curry powder and stir for about a minute. Add the chicken back in and stir. Slowly add the water and yogurt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer the whole thing for about an hour.

Eat it with rice and naan bread if you've got it! I ate mine with some asiago garlic bread and it was just as tasty.

The greatest thing about curry is that it takes pretty much no effort.

0 comments:

Post a Comment