spoon

Recent Recipes

Snacks for Dinner

0

Category : , , , ,

Sorry for the lack of updates last week. I cooked quite a bit, but it was all tidbit type stuff. Hence this post: Snacks for dinner. Sometimes I come home and say, "Screw it, I'm just going to have [insert snack here] for dinner." I try not to do this too often, but I probably eat popcorn and nothing else at least once a week.
Anyway, the snacks I'm going to feature today are a little more substantial than popcorn. Like Garlicky Baked Fries:
Is your mouth watering? (It's ok if it's not, this isn't the world's best picture).
I won't re-post the recipe, but will instead direct you to the source: The Purple Foodie. I didn't augment her recipe at all, except that when I parboiled the potatoes in the microwave, I covered them with a towel instead of plastic wrap. It worked just fine. I should mention that I'm also sort of in love with this woman's blog. You should be reading it if you aren't already.

My boyfriend came to visit me last weekend, and I made him some Spinach Artichoke dip. Somehow or another this has become one of our favorite things, and so I had to try out this recipe:1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of mayo
1 can of artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
1 10 oz pkg of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1/3 c. sliced green onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. Shallot Pepper (you could probably use garlic pepper or lemon pepper or whatever)

In a mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese and mayo. Stir in the artichokes, spinach, Parm, green onions, garlic, and pepper. Mix everything together until uniform. Spoon into a greased baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes at 300F. Serve with pita chips or chunks of French bread.
It turned out pretty well, but if I had to do it again I would half it. This is enough Spinach Artichoke dip to feed a small army.

Last, but not least, my Friday offering. I've been programmed to think that Friday night = pizza night, and so last Friday I made due with what I had lying around my house:

On chunks of Italian bread from the local grocery store, I have:
pesto
Fontina cheese
Cheddar cheese
Parmesan cheese
Penzey's Pasta Sprinkle

Bake it at 375F for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is all melted. Simple and tasty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment