spoon

Recent Recipes

Crunchy Mustard Chicken

0

Category : , ,


The picture doesn't do it much justice, but this chicken is flavorful and juicy. I got the recipe from Going Solo in the Kitchen by Jane Doerfer. The mustard is a modification of the original dish. I used a vidalia onion mustard, but any sort of mustard would do.

2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp. breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
1 egg
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. water
1 1/2 tsp. mustard
flour
1 boneless skinless chicken breast (I cut mine in thirds)
1-2 tsp. butter

Preheat oven to 450F. In a shallow bowl, mix together the cheese and bread crumbs (I also added pepper, garlic powder, and a little Fox Point seasoning from Penzeys, all to taste). In another bowl, beat together egg, soy sauce, water, and mustard. Spread flour on a plate. Dip the chicken breast first in the flour, then in the egg mixture. Finally, coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs.
In a small to medium baking dish, melt the butter in the oven. Remove and tilt dish to coat the inside with butter. Place chicken in dish. Bake for about 20 minutes until the coating browns and the chicken is cooked through.

Other than the mustard, the Parmesan was the most dominant flavor.

It has been a hopping day in my kitchen. Of course, I finished dinner with a Nutella cookie...

0 comments:

Post a Comment